What if...?

shmifty5

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What if you were given a God Machine to create your own caudate, what would you make and why?

For my self I would create a Salamander, it would be the size of a small dog, it would have fire-proof skin and it would eat dog-food (the meaty stuff, not the kibble stuff), its skin would be a bright orange and its body would be symetrically spotted with the spots being bright blue and glow-in-the-dark (charge up during the day, glow at night!).

a few modifications to the body and limbs, it has 6 legs, the first set of feet would have 5 toes, the second and third set of feet would have 4 toes, it would have 3 tails with each tail being long and thin like a paddle (2-ft for the outer tails, 3-ft for the middle tail), the back would be ridged in a similiar way as axolotls or crested newt, the Sal would have a head similiar to that of a Tiger with the eyes being set in a similiar fashion to those of a Emperor Newt (ridge over eyes), the creature would also have teeth, the teeth would be obviously carnivorous in nature and it would have 3 rows of teeth (similiar to sharks).

My Sal wouldn't need to be kept in cold conditions and would utilize homeostasis to maintain it's body temperature, it would also be extremely adept at keeping it's moisture as the creature is more than capable of surviving a oven at 450 for 6 hours, the creature does risk freezing to death so it must be kept warm during the cold winters.

The best part of all, the animal would be completely home-trained and would be extremely tame, if it's master were to perish (ie me) it would refuse to eat my corpse unlike cats which would eat me pretty soon after i died, also the creature would be very long-lived with it being able to live for 50+ years (70-80 max), it would be 8/9-ft long and 4-ft tall, very snuggle-able.

what about you guys?

Wow, that's pretty imaginitive...when I read the first sentence, I thought, "Well, I think blue and orange dots together might be pretty cool."

it would be the size of a small dog

it would be 8/9-ft long and 4-ft tall, very snuggle-able.

That's a huge small dog!

You might want to check out a video game called spore....you can make your own creatures, and it gives you tons of options to customize the creations...you could easily make one with your specifications and show it off.

You might want to check out a video game called spore.....

i had the galactic copy of Spore, but after 2 too many "this file isn't here! download it from here! we don't have that!" i deleted it, it was a freakin hassle, great game, just too much hassle to deal with. lol.

Spore....i spent literally years waiting for that game, thinking it was going to be THE game. I didn´t even finish it...¬¬
The criature designing is brilliant , though, great fun.

I personally wouldn´t change a thing about any caudate...they are perfect just the way they are :)

The only change i would consider, I think is that I'd like to have a miniature version of the axolotl! I just think they are too cute when they are little - say about 2-3". The added bonus....can anybody guess??...You'd have room for more!!!!!! lol

The only change i would consider, I think is that I'd like to have a miniature version of the axolotl! I just think they are too cute when they are little - say about 2-3". The added bonus....can anybody guess??...You'd have room for more!!!!!! lol

if you made them the size of fnacy guppies you could house like 30 in a 20 gallon long, lol, or if they were brine shrimp sized you could have hundreds, hundreds of itty bitty axies!

if you made them the size of fnacy guppies you could house like 30 in a 20 gallon long, lol, or if they were brine shrimp sized you could have hundreds, hundreds of itty bitty axies!

I'm getting older, and my eyesight is reflecting that as well, so I can only go so small! But, I like your thinking!! :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back