Tiger bite

shmifty5

Reaction score
Country
Canada
First time asking this question and i never figured i would need to, but my "mommy" side is working on all 8 cylinders.

My tiger just recently attempted to eat my finger, i just reached in to give him a quick rub (he loves it when i stroke the side of his head with my finger, wet in his water bowl first) and as i moved my finger closer to him he jumped into his plant, i figured i might have just frightened him but when i got closer he definately tried to eat my finger, this repeated about 3 times before he realized my finger wasn't food.

My actual question is this, my nails are very long at the moment (new boyfried likes long nails) and im worried that maybe when he tried to eat my finger that the nails could've cut his mouth, he looks fine but i still baby him sice figgy departed recently.

should i worry or am i being too over-bearing?

to be honest i'm new at this, if there are no signs of damage i'd be tempted to say theres been no damage but i would keep a close eye on him just to make sure as i would imagine even the cleanest of people have a lot of bacteria under their nails incase it has broken skin.

Hope he's ok :)

just an update, he did refuse food for a few days after (im sure he must've got a scrape or cut or something), but he is now eating like a pig and i need to put him on a diet, lol, actually he has gotten pretty fat...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back