Question: Going out of town...What should I do?

iplaythebassoon

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to leave this weekend (friday evening) and will return on monday. I had arranged for my sister/brother in law to come feed my two axies, but just found out that they might not even be in town. :( grr. What do you guys do when you're away? will they be fine without food?

Your axolotls will be perfectly fine alone for those few days. Just feed them real well the day before you leave and do a water change. Adult axolotls can easily be left alone without food for a week.

Even though yours are not adults yet, they should be fine for a couple of days. Do as greatwtehunter said with the feeding and water change.

If you are concerned about nipping, you could separate them or try to add some more visual barriers if you have not already. Hopefully, they are in the larger tank now so they have space to get away from each other. Have a safe trip!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back