goldenaxie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Tigrish <3
goldenaxie-albums-tigrish-picture10427-tigrish.jpg
Hey guys, I'm bec and I recently got my

new golden axie today. He is gorgeous and his name is tigrish (Tiger in Hungarian) :D I love him to bits! I'm Australian and I'm 13 years old. He is my
first ever axie and so far he seems to love his tank :) so that's a little about me and tigrish :D can't wait to get our friendship up and running... Haha

Last edited:
Tank looks pretty but you need to get rid of that gravel as it presents an impaction hazard.
"Axolotls have a nasty habit of getting normal aquarium gravel in their mouths, and occasionally swallowing it. This can be fatal because the gravel can cause blockages in the gut."

welcome....like mac said please get rid of the rocks.......gravel smaller than 1mm, bare bottom or sand(which is the easiest and the most popular)
lea

aw he looks cool! welcome, I'm new too, hoping to learn loads about my CFBs

Oh no, don't worrie even though I've had him for only a couple
of weeks, he trusts me enough an knows who I am so I hand feed him. And
sand may be a popular choice but it sometime can be hazardous to the entire tank because it doesn't supports the growth and breeding of the
good bacteria. So I'm keeping the gravel, sorry guys :) cheers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back