Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Obsession?

Shizeric

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I am wondering if I have passed the point of obsession (with Axolotls) when I have a good group of friends playing drinking games and I excuse myself to check these forums....

I also make it a point to entertain my friends by feeding my Axies earthworms,

Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

dragonlady

Reaction score
Eric,

Glad to know I am not the only one! I think it's pretty well documented that I am an axoholic! Whenever I am out, I am worried about getting back to my axies....and the Forum. I watch the axies more than I watch TV!

Okay, I will really tell on myself here. I just had surgery two weeks ago. Upon waking from surgery, I worried about my axies who had not been fed yet as my surgery was early in the am :eek: (My kids were in school and then being kept overnight by a friend, so I only needed my cell phone for them).

I am about to clear out some of my reptiles, so I can devote more time to the axies. I no longer feel that I can devote the time needed to my reptiles. Between the kids, frogs, and axies - I'm pretty well tapped out. :eek:

So, perhaps that makes me worse than you...Maybe, we need another part to this Forum for some group therapy...Then, I guess I'd be spending even more time out here...oh no, that would take away from my time with my axies...never mind.

melfly

Reaction score
Haha yeah you know what, i'm a proper axie bore.
I cant spend longer than 10 minutes in the company of anyone without mentioning axolotls.
I used to come here on my phone like once an hour lol. I only slowed down coz my new phone doesn't work on this site.
I really do think we need help.

Lol Shannon I too recently had surgery and was dragging axolotl tubs about a lot sooner than i should have been! My Juvies went to stay at my moms and i worried about them the whole time!

I've been looking at new tanks, seen some nice big 5 footers which made me wonder if i really did need a sofa.....

Mel

dragonlady

Reaction score
lol...Thank you, Mel. I thought I was over-the-top with my surgery thing - nice to know I'm not the only one!

I did forget to mention that I, too, talk more about my axolotls then I do my kids! I have more photos of my axies on my computer than of my kids - hey, axies change faster!

I have also been debating the need for my coffee table! :D

btw: Mel, hope everything is okay!

Last edited:

lea

Reaction score
firstly shannon and mel(i was wondering where you where cause i havent seen you around the forums)..i hope everything is ok......my hubby thinks abby is favourite in our house..the comment is "you spend more time with the animal than you do with me".....my eldest daughter thinks im nuts anyway because i found this site and i spend so much time, talking to you guys and finding info about abby......and i only have one.......but thanks to you axoholics, us novist have someone to talk to without fear of being judged insane and commited to the nearest mental hospital........
thanks guys
lea

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1