Water parameters suitable?

zoe

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,
you must be getting sick of all my posts by now lol but i just want to make sure my pet is gonna be alright :)
i've just tested the water parameters in the new tank because i'm pretty sure i'll be able to find him when i need to, and the results are as follows:
ammonia: 0.25ppm
nitrite: 0ppm
nitrate: 20ppm
ph is fine i've been testing that almost daily.
i know the nitrate isn't as high as it should be yet but will my axolotl be ok in that water?

There should be no ammonia in the water.

I assume you are cycling your tank?

at the moment i'm currently waiting for the sand i've recently put in to settle. ended up taking 80% of the water out and stirring up the sand in just a small level of water and cleaning the filter again to try and help it along. will begin cycle when the sand has settled.

we are actually in the process of putting the sand in now. the water level is about 6 inches at the moment and the sand it already not as cloudy as it was when i put it in last week. we washed it thoroughly and now its great.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back