Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

They always change at that age!

tomkeogh

Reaction score
Oh dear, Now leeroy is 4 months he has turned into a typical teenager stays in his bed all day, never exercises and hates my cooking! He just said he hates me and I cant tell him what to do because I am not his real dad.

Is this the age at which axie's start to 'mellow' out He used to swim about like a nutter all day and all night?

dragonlady

Reaction score
Oh, dear, next thing you know, he'll start listening to some loud punk band, growing his gills long, and getting a fin pierced!

Their personalities do start changing between 4-6 months, but you should still see some swimming around - probably more at night. During the day, probably not going to see that much moving around. Mine only get excited at feeding time, even then there's the one who stays brooding in his tube. I drop a worm a couple of inches in front of that one after making sure he sees it.

So, make sure he keeps the music down - don't want the neighbors complaining! Keep that attitude in check and don't let him use the car - wouldn't want to see you guys turn up on one of those talk shows dealing with out of control kids! ;)

Blaze

Reaction score
Hahahaha, you make me laugh!

I havn't had a juvie before but I noticed that some seem to mellow out later or earlier than others, I think it all depends on the individual.

Make sure you keep him in check ;)

lea

Reaction score
hey tom...... you might want to have a chat and make sure leeroy is ok and let him know you are there for him and that you know how he is feeling....... the teen years can be very hard. hehehehehe....sorry i had to....

daremo

Reaction score
I think mine got quiet just after I changed his tank, at about 5 months since I've got him, but I have no idea how old is he... around 17 cm now
he used to swim like crazy when he was 12-13 cm and now he's more chilled out...

daniellog

Reaction score
To be fair, I listen to punk rock and stay in bed all day and I'm 21 this Friday. Maybe its just my student lifestyle.

Mac Myers

Reaction score
Keep up the good work Dan! I got out of school.... got married, bought a house... had a kid... all that stuff.
I used to look down on my little brother because all he did until he was 43 was windsurf, let my mom pay his rent, teach 2-3 hours a week at Kaplan Schools so he could meet young women, date young women, and drink. Then I realized he was REALLY the only one who had it all figured out! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1