Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Wax worms

vistajpdf

Reaction score
Is anyone else having difficulty finding them? If not, please let me know where - I'm in Florida (USA) and everyone online is out of stock.
Dana

CherryBlossom

Reaction score
here in Dundee, Scotland I too was having difficulty finding them... but there is a reptile shop down the road from us and we were lucky enough that they had some in :)

I hope you find some xxxxxxxxxx

vistajpdf

Reaction score
Yes, that's how I've gotten them in the past - online stores. They've been out for the past few weeks that I've been trying and no one locally has them. I don't mind paying for shipping or anything, but the online places are all "Out of Stock." I'm so frustrated and that's why I asked here if anyone in the US has had success online.

I'll keep trying - thanks!
Dana

vistajpdf

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I'll have to swing by there and hope for the best. I did get him to eat a piece of a "red worm." I was happy. Still, he's terrestrial.

Dana

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Dana, have you tried a bait shop? I buy my wax worms and maggots locally that way. Also, as much as I hate to say it, some Wal-Marts have them in the bait area too.

To be truthful, I generally only use them for new arrivals that are underweight.

vistajpdf

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. Since I live on the beach in south Florida, there are plenty of bait shops I need to start frequenting!

Dana

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!