Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl Withdrawal =[

manateaparty

Reaction score
As soon as it started getting hot here, my baby axolotl, Pitter Patter, started deteriorating. All of his gill feathers disappeared and he just did not look good in general. I have no air condition in my apartment so he went to go stay with my boyfriend, who lives two hours away. I've only seen him twice in over a month and both times I did not even recognize him. He's gotten so big and I just feel like I'm missing out on everything. =[ I know this probably sounds selfish and it's in Pitter Patter's best interest to not be here but I just hate looking at his empty tank and I get jealous reading everyones' posts.

Sorry, I just needed to vent!

Skilly

Reaction score
Awwwww :( I would be sad without my axies too! If you fridge him at your house then you could keep him and see him and feed him and keep him cool and happy with you :p

battlecat

Reaction score
what about ice cubes?
get a tray just for this purpose, take some tank water, and make some ice cubes. You'll have to do it every day, but it will take down the temp in the tank, and it's free to do. (I'm assuming you have a freezer).

I would just put a few cubes in at a time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1