Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Wow... my Neighbor's wife is a dolt.

Mac Myers

Reaction score
I'm posting this in a couple of places because it amused me so.

Last night my neighbors, a retired physicist and his wife came over to watch a DVR Recorded Episode of "Through The Wormhole" on the Science Channel (Narrated by Morgan Freeman) as he (the early onset Alzheimer's physicist guy... not Morgan Freeman) only has basic cable and wanted to see it. So I was a peach and let his wife and him come over to watch it.
It was amazing. Without going into too much detail.... it dealt with many physicist's efforts, apparently starting with Einstein, to link the "4 Constants" (gravity, electromagnetic force, and strong and weak nuclear forces) together through Mathematical Equations. They had succeeded in linking 3.. but had failed to connect Gravity. This problem has stumped them for years... in fact most most physicists have given up.
Then along comes this brilliant theoretical physicist and beach bum who theorizes a model that, assuming the existence of his extrapolated possible particles (which may be detected by the LHC in Cern in their attempts to find the Higgs Boson or "God Particle") provides a formula (the E8 Lie Group) for the existence of EVERYTHING. And if this holds, this mathematical equation, could it actually be evidence of a Creator?!!!
As my son, wife, and retired physicist neighbor sit on the edge of our seats in a state on wonderment at the possibilities this suggests.... we hear from the couch "They've shown that picture 6 times (Adam's outstretched hand touching the Hand of God on the Sistene Chaple!) .... this is boring"!
She then proceeded to whine so much that we stopped 22 minutes into the show and will now have to watch it (hopefully tonight) without her 40 watt bulb in a 100 watt socket fanny sitting there.
Amazingly enough... I didn't mind so much because 3 of us (minus my too polite to laugh wife) were howling hysterically at the absurdity of her statement at THAT particular moment in the show. We laughed for 10 minutes before she figured out that we were laughing about her and then she got really mad and made him leave.

The formula for EVERYTHING is boring.

Awesome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!