Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cooling ventilator

Aleksthegreat

Reaction score
hey!

i got a juwel rekord 160 and i'm making a 2 vents to get my temp down (22°)
I'm using 2 computer ventilators (one thats going to blow in my aquarium and one that sucks the hot air out) I saw this idea on this great forum.
does anyone got expierince with this tech?

also i read that axies are stresst when their gills are pointing forward but half of the time my sweet axie her gills are turned forward.. does this mean she is stressed? goes i already made a pipe to get the waterflow down..

THANX!!

Aleksthegreat

Reaction score
oo jeah for picture of my tank setup you can look in to my album if you want to :)
i will take some pictures as soon as I installed my ventilators :)

please post :) thanks

Aleksthegreat

Reaction score
My vents are working.. but the noice.. pff..
i used a ven of a computer and a playstation 2 but due to the noice I haven't used the vens to see they actually work getting the temp down..
I will take some pictures this week :)

Aleksthegreat

Reaction score
It works :) got my temp down with 2 degrees..
I will post some pictures asap :)

Aleksthegreat

Reaction score
here are some pics of my ventilators (sorry for the bad quality of the photos)

I got a Juwel 160 and there are 2 boards i can remove on my top. I copied them out of a old computer so I could fit the vents in them.
One is blowing air in the aquarium and an other is blowing air out of the aquarium.
it works but makes a bit to mutch noice for my room.. so I think I gonna put my aquarium in a cooler place..

Attachments

• P170610_22.270001.jpg
    P170610_22.270001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 152
  • P170610_22.270002.jpg
    P170610_22.270002.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 263
  • P170610_22.280001.jpg
    P170610_22.280001.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 198

benh

Reaction score
Cool - looks like you've done a good job. I am going to attempt to make a cooling system with two computer fans as well. Slightly worried about the noise and energy consumption, but I figure that I won't need it switched on over night when it is a lot cooler generally.

Will post some photo's of my attempts sometime soon :happy: Thanks for posting your photo's to!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!