Feeding axolotl Morioworms ??

Aleksthegreat

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hey,
I just fed my axolotl a morioworm (head and tail included).. but she strugled with it..
does someone have expirience feeding their axolotl morioworms?

thanx

Tenebrios or morioworms, are not good food choices. They are very nutritionally incomplete, very quitinous, which means they are hard to digest, and you have to crush their heads before feeding them to anything since they have powerful little jaws that can cause trouble.

All in all....they are just not worth the trouble...

I wouldn´t use them in the future, there are FAR better choices.

Morioworms are not a good food choice for axolotls as Azhael has said.

HERE you will find some food choices for your axie.

HERE you will find some food choices for your axie.

A good list and a confirmation that pellets arent the best food there is.
(Quote from that site:Contain corn, wheat and other unnatural food sources)
I never shall use pellets.Its just junkfood for axolotls.

Good quality pellets are not junk food, they are handy and nutritonally complete.
The problem is that not all brands or types are adequate. If you cand find a brand specifically formulated for caudates, it should be perfectly ok (watch out for expiring date).

Good quality pellets are not junk food, they are handy and nutritonally complete.
The problem is that not all brands or types are adequate. If you cand find a brand specifically formulated for caudates, it should be perfectly ok (watch out for expiring date).

Sorry but I dont agree with that.Even when its nutritonally complete it still contain unnatural stuff for axolotls.
Like you write its handy and that why so many ppl use it.
Its just a quick solution when you dont have alot time.

So far I have seen pellets always contain to much carbohydrate.
Axolotls arent herbivore but carnivore.

I hope ppl understand now why I never use pellets.
(And I love it to spend time with feeding my axolotl so no probleme for me:happy:)

Good quality pellets are fine as part of a well rounded diet. They are also good to have on hand in case of food shortages or emergencies. Same goes for frozen worms. A well rounded diet should consist of earthworms with other foods as supplements and variety. But if you live in an area like mine, 50 stores yet very little live foods, you'd better have some other items on hand. :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back