I hate it when this happens.......

Mac Myers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
A. Macxicanum
Guy near me is selling a 125 Gallon tank with lights and filters for 75 bucks. :eek: I can't take it. I had big tanks but I sold them cheap when I moved from a big house to a 1350 SqFt condo. I have nowhere to put it unless I kick out my son. I like a "little" more than a tank so I probably won't do that. ;) Think about what sort of set up you could have in that. I tried to convince my wife that we didn't need the couch... or the dining room table... or her dresser.... but no dice. :rolleyes:

If it helps in any small way, my husband feels the same way as your missus. I am currently plotting some outside enclosures for some new beasties...so far he has not gone into panic mode. I suspect me muttering that I want a dog may be throwing him off the scent somewhat...

If you were to invest in a steel rack you could have a few more, If I remember you said you work in/ own a marina, so you must have some racking for equipment, spare parts etc. they are self assembly so can be made to measure and I am sure you could decorate it to please the old ball and chain.

You get space for a few more tanks the missus gets some more space to hang pictures of old ladies and such and your son should appreciate he has a house provided to him so everyone is happy.

Do it mac, do it, do it, do it...if you build it they will come

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back