Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl questons

Lemi

Reaction score
First, I would like to know, what is the biggest an axolotl has ever been known to get? I had one and he died recently but was still growing and at the time of death was over 13 inches, which I understand as being quite large.
I also would like to know whether a 40 gallon(US) breeder tank would be big enough for 2.

lea

Reaction score
hi and welcome...im sorry about your loss..........that size tank should be big enough for 2 axies

Snailbait

Reaction score
First, I would like to know, what is the biggest an axolotl has ever been known to get? I had one and he died recently but was still growing and at the time of death was over 13 inches, which I understand as being quite large.
I also would like to know whether a 40 gallon(US) breeder tank would be big enough for 2.

They've been known to grow over 17 inches, but the average is 8 - 11 inches. :cool:

Sorry to hear you lost your axolotl. :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!