Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Raising Artemia.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I was at my usual pet-shop some time ago and decided to get some Artemia naupli for a little experiment.
I hatched the naupli and transfered them to a container with aproximately 18l of salt water. I´ve been feeding them yeast and a microalgae powder. I didn´t use any aireation because well...this was just a test, and i hate air-pumps xD
The results so far are ok. There isn´t a large amount of individuals, but there are enough for me to be quite happy with the experiment. They are growing well and some are nearing adulthood.
I´m definitely going to try again with improved conditions in the future. I want to build up experience with these, and then try with fresh-water species.

Anyway, i just thought i´d mention this, because it proofs that with very little, it´s easy to raise them. Maybe it will encourage others.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!