Help please fast :'(

jesusp1993

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone....I'm new to this amphibian community and I want to get me a nice axolotl....I currently have a 10 gallon tank and 2 fishes in there-one being a goldfish and also a plecostomus i have seen a few videos where people have kept axolotls with fishes but I want to know if this save although Im going to remove the Pleco but I dearly want to keep the goldfish what should I do?? Also I want to know everytime I will need for the tank in detail pretty please because I want the axolotl to be happy....how much should axolotls should I keep in the tank and how big would you guys suggest? Once again I'm new to this so please so please let me know whether I should use sand or pebbles....what kind of filter should I use...what plants are the best..please reply

-thanks

Hi there, that set-up doesn't sound too good for a variety of reasons..... a pleco will out-grow that in no time, the goldfish might be nice but i wouldn't suggest a community tank for axies in the slightest.
A separate tank for the axie would be best.....

Please browse these forums to find the best way to keep an axolotl happy before you consider actually getting one......feel free to ask questions by all means :happy:

Have a read through axolotl.org. It will have all the information you need to get started!

As for the goldfish, you should get a different tank for it. Not only are they disgusting fish but they will nibble on your axololts gills.

I´m confused as to where the "fast" part of the title comes from...o_O xD

If there´s one thing we have in VAAAAAST amounts in this forum, is information about axolotls xDD Make sure to check out Axolotl.org and to read as much as you can. The answers to all your questions are around!

I´m confused as to where the "fast" part of the title comes from...o_O xD

If there´s one thing we have in VAAAAAST amounts in this forum, is information about axolotls xDD Make sure to check out Axolotl.org and to read as much as you can. The answers to all your questions are around!

Exactly what I was thinking..if you really want to provide the ideal environment for your Axolotl, take your time and don't rush into it. Get a nice big tank to keep your Axolotl in, and keep the fish in the 10 gallon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back