Illness/Sickness: Fungus development while in the fridge?

bunny27

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I'm here on this thread again regarding fungus. A week ago, both my axie's tank temperature rose to 23-24 degrees C so I put them in the fridge. Recently I went to transfer my bigger axie into her clean tubberware and noticed that there were fungus on her feet. I saw them on two feet, but it could have been on all four. The fungus are found under her feet. I kinda disregarded it as the fungus had fallen off. Two days later, no fungus, and now today I went to change her water and I find fungus again from her toes. They fell off easily, but I'm starting to wonder what is going on and if I should perform salt baths.

Anyway, before they were put into the tubberware there were no wounds, illnesses, no signs of stress, or anything. Their tank has aquarium sand and no sharp edges on their caves or their pots.

My bigger axie is the only one that is developing fungus on her feet, my other doesn't have any fungus. I switch their water everyday with fridged dechlorinated water. Their fridge temp is 6 degrees C.

So, my concerns are, Is this fungus? Why is she developing fungus in the fridge? Should I perform salth baths?

These are horrible pictures, but I'm going to post them up anyways. These are the cotton things that fell off from her feet:

IMG_9996.jpg

IMG_9997.jpg

IMG_9999.jpg

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Hi,

that dosn´t look like fungus, but like waste from the bottom. You should do daily water changes as long as they are in a little box in the fridge.

Tina

Thanks Tina. Glad to hear it isn't fungus! I did not know waste turned white! And yes, I've been changing their water everyday whether they went to the bathroom or not.Thanks again!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back