Question: Eggs from Cynops orientalis - what to do?

Kaeg

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi, I have now 9 eggs from my Cynops orientalis. They are still in the tank, some have developed and you can se like a small "fish" like thing inside and some are new.

What to do now?

Last edited:
The first little one is out of its egg, and it looks like 3 other eggs are sone in the same size. :shocked:

Have to start looking for food to the little once. Thought I had more time to look for this and prepare my self. :happy:

Re: Pics!!

The biggest onces are now around 3weeks old and have 4legs and feeding good.

What is the biggest problem on the way and whene they are how old do the problems start?

DSC_0798.jpg

:D

Congratulations :)
It´s lovely to have a first morph, isn´t it? xD
Now the complicated part begins, but that chap looks great so i´m sure they´ll do well.
Best of lucks!

Thanks!

Eating everyday, both blackworms and frozen oxheart. :D

The morph is looking really good - very robust, which is a big bonus with this species, I gather. Good luck with it and its siblings! Its worth not using the ox heart, as it is not a very good diet for amphibians, being too high in fats and vitamin A, among other things. Stick with small invertebrates like blackworms, bloodworms, earthworms and whiteworms.

Chris

Uh, i would not feed them beef heart. They digest mammal tissue very poorly, plus it´s lacking nutritionally and way too caloric for this animals. It´s also as you can imagine a very unnatural food indeed.
I know it´s handy to feed them that but it really is not a good choice.
If you want them to grow well, feed them earthworms, they are by far the best food you can give them.

PD: Chris beat me to it xD

Thanks for the information!

They loved earthworms, but now it's winter and I haven't any worms alive. And the petshops here have only frozen food. But I could use more frozen blackworms and bloodworms.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back