Photo: Another cake

femme

Reaction score
Country
England
My sister and her boyfriend have recently moved into their first place and for her birthday he made her a cake (with a little supervision). I thought some of you might like to see...
Here's her cake modelled on her axolotl Miguel
Next year he can make me one to.. apparently it tasted really good :D
femme-albums-other-things-picture10988-louises-axie-cake.jpg

great cake but it looks to good to eat :D

Fantastic! My mother made an axolotl cake for my birthday last year. I think there's a thread about it somewhere on here....

Love it! How did you make the gills? My mother wants to make me one for my birthday. :)

He got long, thick rope-like jellies, cut them down the middle, laid in astro belts (i think they are called) that he had cut with scissors to make them frilly and pressed them long bits back together. For someone who had never made more than a plain sponge cake i think he did really well :D

Love it! It looks just like my boys. I'll have to find a good excuse to make one. :)

That is awesome!!! I love to bake so I will have to try to make one myself.

You need to send this design to Carvel.

Move over Fudgie the Whale. :D

ABSOLUTELY.
God, my wasted childhood with My Little Pony themed cakes...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back