2010-07-06_16_07_20.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 2010-07-06_16_07_06.jpg
    2010-07-06_16_07_06.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 357
Looks Good!
Do you have a chiller?
I saw the water levels low so i figured you had one
Didnt see a filter, but im sure you have one.
The cave your going to have to replace, just a heads up.
I had the same one and my Axololt grew out of it in like 4 months.
Haha
Make sure you dont have to much sand, it can cause bubbles and gases form.
i think its no more than 1inch, not sure.
Other than that i love it!

Looks stunning - really tropical and lovely - are the plants real or fake? Looks fab either way :)

Sean - on the right hand side of the tank you can see a pipe going in, which looks to me like an external filter - which additionally, a chiller could be linked up to - though having said that, looks like a pretty huge tank - depending on where it's kept/aircon in the room etc, chiller not neccessarily required.

I need some more plants for mine - in Petrie's time with me, he must of had around 20 different ones, but only one left alive now :(

Zoe x

Thank you. The second picture is actually the filter, hidden in the rocks. The tube on the right is a bubbler. The sand looks heavy in some parts but flatten out it is only an inch or so. The plant are fake but im going to get live plants soon. I do not have a chiller I am looking into it but overall it stays pretty constant =]
Thank you for the advice and feed back.

Oh I do have a question.
My tank is a 40 Gallon Breeder which is long and wide. How many axies do you think i can house in it for now. I do plan on updating again when needed.

Last edited:
Stephy,
Do you have a thermometer? If not you'll need one. :happy: It can be problematic to maintain Temps below about 72° F in most areas of the USA. I'm in Flaaaaarida and even with the A/C blasting it can be a challenge. I also have frozen water bottles and Ice Packs in the freezer as we get a lot of thunderstorms and periodic power outages (not that often and not that long durationally speaking). Hey... I just made up another word. :D

Yes I do have a thermometer. Im actually looking around at where i can buy a chiller but no luck so far. I have hello kitty ice packs in the freezer incase something starts to go wrong. =] Haha and nice word!

Oh thank you so much! Thats VERY helpful!

It looks fantastic, great job! I love the plants, it really adds depth and personality to your tank.

I have a similiar question to stephycarter09,

I have a 36 gallon bow front, dimensions are 30 x 15 (at the middle) x 21

How many axies could comfortably live in there?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back