Help please.

mimozine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.
this morning i came home from work, fed my axies (i have a gold, two albino and two wild in same big tank) and now im looking at some eggs.
i have not planned for this as i had thought them to young to breed to be honest. what do i do? how do i know if the eggs are fertilised? i need to give the tank its regular big clean tomorrow so need some advice quick please.:confused:

The eggs will be fertilised, its my understanding that they don't lay un-fertilised. Unused eggs are absorbed back into their body.
They will eat them if you leave them in the tank, my pair have being laying eggs for the past month or so, and they are all gone within a week. You can either leave them, remove and destroy or if you want to try raising them remove them and place in a separate container. There is a lot of information on this forum and cculture sites about raising young.

I'm not sure how typical mine are, but they don't eat the eggs. Of course, the will eat the larvae. I just wanted to throw that possibility into the mix, in case you were planning on leaving eggs in to be eaten, and then they weren't actually eaten. It is pretty easy to scoop them out and dispose of them, though, if you know you don't want to raise the young. (Or to scoop a few out to try raising.)

I'll buy some off you maybe if you sell some?

lol this is the one i was telling you about Dan

Mel

Hi i would also buy some of your eggs if you are planing on selling them:D :DIve been after some golden ones for awhile now:kiss:

Hi i would also buy for eggs if you wore to sell them i would love a white albino :happy:
To join my girls :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back