Question: Bloat?

obrowell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Owen
Hi,

Is it possible for a fire salamander to get bloat? One of mine seems to be quite swollen. It may be that it has eaten a lot recently as I just leave it to find it's own food in the tank. However I can't be sure. Any advice would be welcomed!

Thanks

Could be edema, too.
A picture will certainly help a great deal.

Don't know if these will help. They came out jumbo size! Thanks

obrowell-albums-bloat-picture11086-sdc10877.jpg

obrowell-albums-bloat-picture11084-sdc10875.jpg

obrowell-albums-bloat-picture11085-sdc10876.jpg

Most likely gravid, perhaps fat. I don´t think this is any problem whatsoever, looks healthy.

Doesn't look like bloat to me, I think you just have a little Fatty there.:D Possibly Gravid as Azhael mentioned.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease guys. She just seems to have ballooned this last week or so!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back