American Idol Audition!

Hayden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Hayden
Hi all!
I don't know that I've earned the right to post something like this yet, but I leave on Wednesday for my American Idol audition, and I'd like feedback on my audition song choice. You can listen to it here:
YouTube - American Idol song
Just curious, does anyone still watch that show? :)
Hannah

Hi Hanna, as I'm not familiar with most songs written since the mid 70's :)D) I can't really comment on the choice of music,but you have a great voice ;)
Best of luck with the auditions, have confidence and believe in yourself when you're stood in front of the judges and :happy:

Thanks so much Ken! :) Are you a disco fan?
Good advice! I will smile, I'm a smiley person. :) I will smile like my axolotls, since they always look like they're smiling.

You have a great voice, good luck with your audition! I watch American Idol, the one bit of advice I can give you is to maybe pick a less common song? You'd be surprised at how many people sing Kelly Clarkson's songs, and you want to stand out a little to the judges. It might also help to watch all of the previous auditions to pick up some tips. ;):D

good luck with the auditions :) Im not clued up on most modern pop either but you have a good voice :) Im not clued up on these talent shows either cos I dont watch them. But best of luck to you! Maybe if you are on the show you could show us the clip on here! xxx

Wow! Caudata's got talent! You sound great! Best of luck! :D

I don't watch because I don't have even basic cable at the moment but I like that song and you do have a beautiful voice, Hannah! Best of luck! If you are on the show I may just have to "borrow" a friend's livingroom to watch!

Thanks so much everyone! :) I was (Am) really nervous about it. My backup song is "Alone" by Heart. I can post that one too, later, if anyone is interested. :)

Absolutely! Alone is one of my favorite songs and I bet you could sing it wonderfully.

And here it is, by popular demand ( :D )
YouTube - Alone

I like this one, too, but I never feel I do it justice.

Thanks so much! :)

The only thing that I can say about American Idol is that not everyone who can sing even gets a chance to get in front of the judges. Or open their mouths. I have two friends, both of whom I consider to be quite talented, that tried out for American Idol a couple of years ago and neither were even allowed to sing for anyone. They took time off... drove a few hundred miles... waited for hours... and then Someone walked by pointing at people and saying you... you... you... etc.... and those people went on out of the crowd. They got "culled" from the herd before ever singing a note. :eek:
The explanation was that with 10,000 people showing up they couldn't possibly give everyone an audition.
I'm not sure why I told you that. Maybe just because they were so disappointed after so much effort and travel not to even be given a chance to sing. Man... I'm such a downer. :(
You sound great though. Good luck! :happy:

The only thing that I can say about American Idol is that not everyone who can sing even gets a chance to get in front of the judges. Or open their mouths. I have two friends, both of whom I consider to be quite talented, that tried out for American Idol a couple of years ago and neither were even allowed to sing for anyone. They took time off... drove a few hundred miles... waited for hours... and then Someone walked by pointing at people and saying you... you... you... etc.... and those people went on out of the crowd. They got "culled" from the herd before ever singing a note. :eek:
The explanation was that with 10,000 people showing up they couldn't possibly give everyone an audition.
I'm not sure why I told you that. Maybe just because they were so disappointed after so much effort and travel not to even be given a chance to sing. Man... I'm such a downer. :(
You sound great though. Good luck! :happy:

I know. It's not fair, but what can you do?
And I guess it's a good thing I'm cute, huh? :D

If what Mac says is true, and they do this, Hannah, try not to think about not getting picked, I am sure they must have some method for chosing who gets in based on appearance, asunfair as that sounds, if they don't get the chance to sing. I bet you they pick out those who look nervous, and though I'm sure you are, I sure would be, It took guts to get as far as you've gotten so I am sure you have the guts to look confident even if you might not feel confident. Chin up, don't let them see fear. You have a wonderful voice and you know it girl! Try your best to make sure they know it too just by looking at you!!!
Again best of luck!!!
Amber

Thanks everyone! At least I'm getting my name out there. And if I DO get on, there'd better be at least one person in the audience with an Axolotl poster. :D

Hannah, I think you sound wonderful! Do whichever song you feel in your heart more, that is the one that will move the judges. You would definitely have my vote if I were on the panel! I think it is outstanding that you are going for this and if you are not picked, know that you had nothing to prove to anyone, know that you are truly talented, and if this is truly one of your dreams, pursue it absolutely! Remember....You can do anything if you put your mind to it and as my signature states: Dream always ;) !!!!!!!!

I absolutely agree that there should be axolotl support in the audience too!!

whichever song you feel in your heart more, that is the one that will move the judges.

I couldn't put it better if I tried ;)

I remember my first attempt at busking....I was stood outside the local shopping centre, nervous as hell, but as soon as I'd raised enough for a pint on the way home, I was soooo happy because I knew I could do it!
A while later I spent about 3 months in the Holy Land and Eastern Europe living on the strength of my bouzouki and banjo skills :eek:........(the poor sods, having to listen to that)

What I learned from this experience that I can pass on to you is confidence is so important; you've demonstrated that you've got talent.
As a busker, a confident smile is the difference between earning enough to get by, and getting a decent living.....

There are plenty of very cheap websites that do business cards, or loads of share-ware to design and print your own cards....its a nice touch to offer anyone you meet a business card....

Registering a domain name is a good idea, if the web address on your card points to your site that says "under construction", etc.....it does look more professional than having no web address....if that makes sense

Having an "agent", at least on paper, is something to think about, even if it's your mum/dad or whoever; you can answer a potential question such as " do you have an agent?" with "Yes"

Set up a free email account for your 'musical' connections, seperate from your 'social' stuff.......

If any of the above helps you at all, that's my intent, if you're yawning, then I apologise.

Best of luck :wink:

Ken, that was very helpful! :)

I love singing in public. My mom and I invented a game, called "Singing In The Dairy Queen" where we see what people do when I start singing in Dairy Queens. I usually get stares, and applause. :D

The thing about having an agent is that it disqualifies you for Idol. So, if things don't go well then I might think about it.

I am not usually a confident person, but all of these wonderful comments have really helped me. :) I really appreciate it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back