Question: Bubbles in my sand?

naturebabe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I decided to put sand in my axie tank today and i dont know if this is normal. There is tons of bubbles all over the sand and some of it is still at the top of the water and when it gets moved some clumps float to the top. It is Estes' ultra reef marine sand. Will it settle and become normal or will it become a problem?

i just read that marine sand is very bad for axolotls. but i also read this type is suitable for them...is it? i'm kinda freaking out cause i already added it. HELP PLEASE?!

How thick is the layer of sand? I know that trapped air can happen if there is too much sand. I think it should be under 2 inches.

if you just added the sand to your tank the little air bubbles are normal and it will settle down soon. You may also grab with your fingers through the sand, then the bubbles will come out.
The sand shouldn´t be more than 1 inch on the bottom.;)

thank you. there is a very thin layer of sand. the bubbles are starting to go away and it doesn't seem to be messing with the water conditions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back