Tank size question for tigers

maelstrom

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
maelstrom
Hello I told a friend I would find this out. What size of a tank should he use for his 3 tiger salamanders? I told him he should probably keep them in separate tanks but he wants to know still. They are all about 10 inches long.

For 3 adult tigers, I would use an enclosure that provides at least the surface area of a 30 gallon or 30 gallon breeder aquarium. Height is not important as long as there is adequate height to allow for substrate depth for burrowing - surface area is important. There are also a number of plastic bins that can be used that have these approximate dimensions; multiple holes can be drilled in the lid and sides to provide ventilation.

how many inches x inches would that be or how many inches squared?

I think when looking for a tank he will have to look for these measurements :

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]36" x 18" x 12"[/FONT] (L x W x H)

but if I am wrong someone will correct me :)

That size of an enclosoure would work well for 3 adult tigers.

A bigger tank is always better. However, I keep 2 adults and a large juvenile in a 20gal long. It has about 5 inches of soil/coco fiber mix in the bottom.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back