Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Nova Tech-Coolworks-Ice Probe

Mac Myers

Reaction score
Hey! I'm in trouble! Wife is going to be mad again. :eek:
Guy on Ebay was selling some for these Aquarium Chillers New for $119.00 US with a "Make an offer" Button. I saw that he had 2 offers already so I did make an offer for some reason. I offered $69.00 and about 2 hours later I got a notice I'd "won". With shipping it's $79.00. I didn't even know that could happen plus I expected the guy to tell me to bugger off. Let you know how it works unless my wife kills me.

Gaius317

Reaction score
Report in on how it works for you. I was considering getting a small chiller for me tank to lower the temp a few degrees.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
These are nice low end chillers that work for small tanks. I have one I set up in a 18 gallon acrylic tank. I drilled a whole in the side of the tank and mounted the chiller that way. Without a hole you need to make some sort of a mounting bracket.

Gaius317

Reaction score
These are nice low end chillers that work for small tanks. I have one I set up in a 18 gallon acrylic tank. I drilled a whole in the side of the tank and mounted the chiller that way. Without a hole you need to make some sort of a mounting bracket.

What kind of degree drop did you get? Did you get that extra device to specify the temp?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1