Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Paramesotriton juvies sickness

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Hey all. Sadly, after have made a successful CPR to one of my juvie paramesotriton, they are getting strange. They always have been very good eaters. They ate like 1 or 2 big sized earthworms each week. But these last days i´ve found them really strange. They eat good but i dont know here the hell the food goes too since they are slimy as you an see :/ They are losing their skin warts and becoming shiny. Their coastal grooves are getting very visible. Still normal in other senses like belly colours and dorsal colours....
So urgently talking... what this may be?! Worm/ Fungal/ Bacterial / protozoan ?? :cry:
Pics following:

DSC09218.jpg

DSC09216.jpg

Depending on the agent (either Worm/ Fungal/ Bacterial / Protozoan) I´m making a selection between these:
(Either ways I think its not fungal related at all... One of the others more certainly...)

-Metronidazol
-Enrofloxacine
-Ciprofloxacine
(Bacterial / Protozoan)

-Febendazol (worm)

-Terbinafine
(fungal)

Heelp!!
Thanks,:ha:

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like "the shine". It´s been suggested that animals with this condition should be kept terrestrial and well fed.

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
They were already terrestrial and well feed :S No idea in witch type of parasitic agent? Anybody?

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Uh, i see....then it´s a bad case.
Best of lucks Jorge....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!