John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
We are now Twitter and Smartphone enabled. You should be able to see a tweets button on the left of every page of the site. I'll use this to make interesting announcements about the site. If you have a smartphone (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Nokia) then you will now have the option of running an app called Tapatalk to see a very slick and streamlined version of the site for your phone.

Is there a demand for me to add a Facebook "Like" button to threads? If so please post.

I think that would be cool, and cut down on a lot of "beautiful" "cute" posts.

I agree with Dawn, I sometimes catch myself looking for the like button.

And John said, "let there be social networking", and yea, verily, there was social networking and it was good (if you're into that sort of thing).

NoooooOOOooooOOooooOOOOOOooooo....
It hurts my eyes :p

Nah, actually i just hate this kind of stuff xD

Nah, actually i just hate this kind of stuff xD
Me too. I particularly dislike facebook but I kept getting requests for this stuff so here it is.

As a barely socialized jerk that pretty much lives on the web, I say thank-you!

Look at the bright side: sites like Twitter, Facebook, digg and reddit will increase traffic and site exposure.

As an old woman, I have to ask: What is a tweet? Are there already announcements in it and I just can't see them? Do I have to sign up somewhere to see them? If so, will the announcements also be in the Announcements forum? Can anybody write a comment and if so, how to sort the wheat from the chaff?

Anyway, nice work and thanks for the effort. I'm sure it's a good thing, even if I have no idea what it does. :happy:

-Eva

If this causes a schism in the future I'm joining Azhael's side :D

As an old woman, I have to ask: What is a tweet? Are there already announcements in it and I just can't see them? Do I have to sign up somewhere to see them? If so, will the announcements also be in the Announcements forum? Can anybody write a comment and if so, how to sort the wheat from the chaff?

Anyway, nice work and thanks for the effort. I'm sure it's a good thing, even if I have no idea what it does. :happy:

-Eva

Twitter is a social networking website like Facebook. With Twitter, users can send and read messages from other users. This is called a tweet. You can post a tweet about anything, but people usually write what they are doing at the moment, important news, etc.

To use Twitter and its function on caudata.org, you would have to sign up at Twitter.

I cannot answer your last question. It is up to John to whether he will post the same information on Twitter as he will in the Caudata.org Announcements and News Topic. Although, I am guessing that if what John tweets for Caudata.org is of enough importance, then he will also post it in the Announcements.

And John said, "let there be social networking", and yea, verily, there was social networking and it was good (if you're into that sort of thing).

Are you saying that you did it? I don't see one (i.e. "like" button).

Are you saying that you did it? I don't see one (i.e. "like" button).

The first post of each thread has a like button in the same box as the username/stats.

Attachments

• Helphelphelp.jpg
    Helphelphelp.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 339
Do I have to do something to my computer to enable this? For example, here is the first post in a thread I approved a little while ago. I don't see the "like" button?

Attachments

• Likefunxn.JPG
    Likefunxn.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 256
I'm not sure what your issue is, Dawn. I can "like" that post, but clearly in your photo the option isn't there. I know you are a Facebook user, so it can't have anything to do with not having an account...

I think it's a great idea moving forward, but is there an option to "Hide" the Tweet button? I don't use twitter or facebook.

I wonder if it's my Exploder browser? Can anyone else with Explorer "like" posts?

And why does life have to be just one battle after another? Can't a day ever just go smoothly?

I don't know why facebook like isn't visible to you Dawn. I see it in Chrome and Firefox.

Regarding the twitter button, I don't see anyone using it so it might not last long.

I wonder if it's my Exploder browser? Can anyone else with Explorer "like" posts?

And why does life have to be just one battle after another? Can't a day ever just go smoothly?

I think it must be Explorer. I just tried my work browser (6 with SP3) and I can't see the link button. When I get home tonight I can try IE 8 but I'm not sure if it has to do with old Explorer or just Explorer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back