My first!!!

deliriah

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wanted to share the news. I've had a tank cycled and ready, been reading as much as I can here and finally..... I just recieved my first axolotl!!!:D Thank you, Kevin S.! And thank you all for all the great information this site has to offer. He/She is checkin out the new place and getting used to things. I can't wait to get some pictures up! Yay!

Congrats, get some pictures up!

God help you if you don't put those pictures up before I go to bed!

I predict it will be no later than January when you will be up to at least 3

God help you if you don't put those pictures up before I go to bed!

I predict it will be no later than January when you will be up to at least 3

I'm pretty sure you are right. I've got a pretty large tank and I'm not opposed to getting a larger one or more tanks if need be. This little guy(or girl) is so sweet.

Ok this is the only one I got so far, it's an awful picture that I took with my cellphone. I am hoping to locate the camera that has been sitting here at my desk all week until I suddenly need it. Then I will get better pictures for you guys I promise.

Attachments

• Envy.JPG
    Envy.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Congrats on your first axie! I just got my fourth today :)

Thanks guys.:happy: And congratulations on your fourth, as well, Sek! I could just sit there all day and watch him! That's pretty much all I've done all day.

congrats. what is his/her name??. keep the photos coming.

Oh, I am so glad that Kevin found a good home for this guy and you FINALLY got an axolotl! lol I have a couple of his/her siblings but the coloring on this little melanoid are really quite unusual! Definitely find that camera! I'd love to see how this cutie turns out! Congratulations! :D

I, like Tom, don't believe for an instant that you will stop at this one! ;)

Oh, I am so glad that Kevin found a good home for this guy and you FINALLY got an axolotl! lol I have a couple of his/her siblings but the coloring on this little melanoid are really quite unusual! Definitely find that camera! I'd love to see how this cutie turns out! Congratulations! :D

I, like Tom, don't believe for an instant that you will stop at this one! ;)

I don't believe I will either.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back