Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How to get rid of spots on glass?

Hunter9

Reaction score
I was wondering how to get thoes white spots and water lines off my aquarium glass? i have tryed every thing from glass cleaner to a micro-fiber cloth and nothing really seems to work. so can anyone that can help please do cus' thoes spots are so thick i cant see through them. thanks

allegoriest

Reaction score
I wouldn't use a glass cleaner, since that is probably toxic to whatever animal will live inside of it. (But no one I know has had a problem with window wipes for the outside.)

I'd also use vinegar. If you're not too graceful, maybe use a worthless CD or a scraper.

Tetra (I think?) also makes aquarium wipes that are pretty decent. They are made to go with a scraper they have, and that's what I usually use, unless its a really bad case of buildup. (Which is... half the time...)

But the wipes are safe for underwater (They haven't killed anything yet anyway...) and also good for preventative use.

Crysta

Reaction score
Having no unwanted solids in the water helps initially. I find a vigorous scrub with a magnetic algae scraper works fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!