Question: Possible carnifex eggs?

CherryBlossom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys... so I got a male and female triturus carnifex a couple months back... I was told they are CB08.

Lately they have been "dancing" around eachother and alot of "hugging" going on....my female seems to have lightened in colour too... Im not quite sure what to make of that.

On inspection of the tank tonight I have seen clumps of what looks like jelly attached to leaves on the live plants. The thing is though they have white dots in them. They werent there in the tank yesterday.

There are cherry shrimp in with them.. however when I looked up cherry shrimp larvae etc it did not look like this stuff on my leaves.

Im going to remove it and put it in a seperate tank to keep an eye on it and see whats what.

Any feedback on any of this would be awesome! Thanks xxxxxxxx

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/needles-n-ink/eggs3.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/needles-n-ink/eggs2.jpg

There are 3 large clusters of these.

Last edited:
Hi CherryBlossom,

You are so excited about axolotls, you posted this in the axolotl section! lol :D

Based on pics I found, these don't look like newt eggs either, but I found this link, maybe it will help you. Development

Good luck!

I can't see the pics (work blocks Photobucket:() but just from the description, it sounds exactly like snail eggs to me.

Carnifex will fold their eggs singly into leaves. Here is what they will look like when they are laying eggs.
greatwtehunter-albums-european-newts-picture9178-flavistic-triturus-carnifex-laying-eggs.jpg

ooops @ the axi thing heeheeh sorry!

okey dokey..there aernt any snails in the tank but its possible there maybe have been at some point.....I might not have noticed any and sooked them up when tank changing! hehee

Im gonna keep them anyway in my seperate tank and see what comes of them. I havent seen snails hatching before and I love snails. (im waiting on my baby Giant African Land Snail coming heehee)

Thanks guys!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back