Axie sitting at the same place all day long

Morrison

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I have a new axolotl and he's still sitting (standing?) at the same place in the tank for I think..... 12 hours at least. He doesn't look stressed, just.... lazy.
Could there be something wrong?
Can I get him more 'active'?

That is pretty much all you have in store for the next decade or so, they will occasionally sit in an amusing position so it is all worth while.

If you become nocturnal you can see your axie being more active

(The good thing is that I can take good close-up pictures of him)
And I think I'm pretty much nocturnal :) *oops, I need better sleep* :eek:

LAWLS, which axie is this? I didn't know you had a new one, that's pretty cool!

It's a pretty new one. I've bought him yesterday. It's a leucistic axie with freckles on his face ^^.
I HOPE it's a male. He had the largest 'bulge' of all the axies I've seen at the place where I've bought him.

Let's see if I can upload a pic.
(The "bulge" isn't very easy to see like this)

Attachments

• SNV11767.JPG
    SNV11767.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
D'awwwww. Hahaha, is this how he sits all day? He's so cute, I love how axies lay on the floor with their arms and legs sprawled out XD.

Me too! They look so cute when watching from above XD
He's sitting like this all day... but behind the red plant with his head out.
(Yeah, he's still there.... I HOPE it's a he)

My axies sat in the same place for a pretty long time when I got them. I think it's just the whole getting used to the new tank, thing.

Axolotls typically get pretty lazy once they get close to adulthood. So, he may not ever be all that active. The only time I see some of mine move is when it's feeding time!

Your new addition is a cutie! :D

Thank you :)
He was pretty active last night. I turned the lights on in the middle of the night and I saw him sneaking around.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back