Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: My Axies New Tank

zoezakella

Reaction score
Well after a bad start with an ill advised gravel tank I am pleased to show piccies of my axies new 3ft tank, any comments welcome (please be kind) ;) Finley (albino gold) Mojo (leucistic) & Jabba (wild) all seem to have settled in quickly! Jabba is doing laps (he loves to swim) Finley loves to explore and Mojo loves to sit in his hollow log :happy:

zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11876-axies-new-tank-093.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11875-axies-new-tank-125.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11874-axies-new-tank-124.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11873-axies-new-tank-118.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11872-axies-new-tank-113.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11871-axies-new-tank-108.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11870-axies-new-tank-104.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11869-axies-new-tank-103.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11868-axies-new-tank-102.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11867-axies-new-tank-097.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11866-axies-new-tank-089.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11865-axies-new-tank-020.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11878-axies-tank-again-003.jpg
zoezakella-albums-new-tank-set-up-picture11879-axies-tank-again-005.jpg

Last edited:

zoezakella

Reaction score

dragonlady

Reaction score
Looks great! I love the logs! The one on the right is a little unusual - I like it!! I love the rock background too - what is that?

The swimming shots of your wild are nice too. I love the ones who like to swim! Great looking axies, look forward to seeing these guys as they grow!

However, I think you are missing something...a melanoid to round out your crew! lol ;)

sek

Reaction score
Great tank. Your axies are so adorable and look like they're enjoying their new house!

Mr stroudy

Reaction score
That looks really nice. I have the same background in mine, I think and snake hide lol,

Last edited by a moderator:

zoezakella

Reaction score
Awwww thanks guys :) Am loving being an axie owner think they are fascinating to watch and am chuffed with their new home :) To answer a few questions :)

1) Shannon - thanks so much glad you like the log my axies do :) its 30cm's so plenty of hiding space and it was bought off ebay its a polyresin hollow log and so easy to keep clean with the bonus of looking natural!! As for the Melanoid oh trust me woudl love to! With me & my hubby and 2 children we have always had one pet each so Paul & Ella are having to share Jabba, Mojo is mine and Finley Zak's, just wish I had a bigger tank then it would not be a problem but I have had to rearrange our whole lounge to accomodate these guys plus blocking Paul's view to the TV with the massive tank, ooopps!!!

2) Ken - Thanks so much :) Its made my Jewel and its a 3D rock background, I love it and so do the axies Jabba tries to scale it shame its so expensive we were lucky it came wit the tank as its £40 per square and I have 2 in my tank :)

3) Thanks everyone else & yes axies seem very happy :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1