Large aquatic salamander

smokinblue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. I am new here to the forum and I am in search for a large totally aquatic lizard. Can anyone help?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Large aquatic lizard

I'm guessing you want an Axolotl?? How large does this have to be?

Oops, forgot to mention I am from Georgia!!! lol:D

Actually, I started my search for a Hellbender a few months ago, with little success. But after doing more research on this forum I am seeing that getting one of those boys is going be impossible!I am now thinking, the next best thing is going be an Anderson salamander...That is more of the reason as to why I made this post. I guess to get info and feed back on the biggest aquatic lizard I can legaly own.

Oh wow, those things look very similar to wild-type axolotls.

Necturus maculosus are probably the largest aquatic salamander you'll be able to get.

Just to avoid confussion, none of those are lizards, they are amphibians.

, the next best thing is going be an Anderson salamander...That is more of the reason as to why I made this post. I guess to get info and feed back on the biggest aqu

An amphiuma would be longer than an Anderson salamander.

Welcome to the forum! Please don't call them lizards.:eek: That's worse than calling a bird a "lizard". Biologically, birds and lizards are a lot more closely related than salamanders and lizards.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back