They're HERE!!!

tmorgan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tahnee
:D:D:D:D

My axies arrived yesterday! I ordered 2 from Michael Shrom. I HIGHLY recommend him! He was very helpful with all questions I had and kept in touch.:grin: They arrived packed very nicely and they came out eating and healthy. :)

I will be posting pictures soon!
:D

Here they are!!! They are in a 55 gallon tank for the moment. I'm going to separate tonight just in case they try to nibble. My other tank had some cloud from sand still and wanted to let it clear up a little more.

Still thinking of names... considering naming the GFP Goomba, but not sure. :)

Attachments

• Axolotls 012.jpg
    Axolotls 012.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Axolotls 015.jpg
    Axolotls 015.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 103
  • Axolotls 016.jpg
    Axolotls 016.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 88
Oh they are adorable! I like the name Goomba...damnit why didn't I think of that! =p

Hehe thank you. :D Maybe you could name one of yours Goomba too? Lol. :) I also have a ferret named Koopa... maybe there's a theme? ;)

I sure recognized that name! I was sat trying to think of some Mario names after! Ha! Goomba and Koopa are good in all honesty! My little girl Arbie is named after the Arbiter from Halo! lol.

Hehe there are such cute names from Mario. :D Plus it's such a classic. Arbie is a great name! Very creative! Heh I would never have thought of that.

Very cute!! I have been following your posts as I have been having the same questions/troubles. So happy to see that you have your new pets now and they seem so happy! I have not got mine yet as my ammonia is still very high. How does one get ahold of Michael? Just curious on his prices. Thanks!!

Congrats on your new babies they are CUTE!!! Well we have just acquired a Wii and now get woken up every morning to my 3 year old going on about mario kart so on behalf of him (as he is in bed now) I am pretty sure he would recommend the name Bowser :D

malcorn,

Thank you! I am glad my posts have helped you out! It does take awhile to learn everything and to get it all set up, but it is so worth it! :D
I highly recommend Michael! He is wonderful and the axies I got from him are very healthy and came out of their package ready to eat!
His prices vary depending on size, but from what I could see it was around $20 or so.
I'm not sure how to post a link to his name, but if you go to the testimonials page there is a post on Above Average Amphibians which is Michael's company. I think you should be able to find him that way?
I know that I will be buying from him in the future and probably no one else.
Hope this helps! ^_^

zoezakella,

Thank you! That is going on the list! I am trying to figure out if I want to name them after Mario characters or if I want to name them after Greek Gods... kind of opposite! Haha. :D
Your 3 year old has good taste. Mario Kart is awesome. ;) I remember when I was younger that my parents got us Mario Kart for Christmas. Every morning we kept trying to wake up earlier than the other siblings to try to get the first turn. Heh my parents may have regretted that gift! XD

lol :) we have borrowed the wii from my sister who is moving but have bought Zak one for his birthday so he is going to be so excited!!! I used to love mario kart on the N64 funny heh! hope you get your names sorted Zak = Bowser I say YOSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your axies are really nice i'm liking the little wilds markings very sweet

Awww they are adorable :happy:
I'm glad you finally have your pets.
hehe Goomba, LOVE it

Khris,
I love my wild's markings too. ^_^ He's the shy one. Always takes awhile to come eat. He does this things where he tries to "sneak" up on the worm... but he ruins it because he always bumps into it. Hehe.

MereB,

Thank you! It took quite awhile to get everything properly set up but it was so worth it! I already want more... o_O

Thank you Steph!

Khris,
I love my wild's markings too. ^_^ He's the shy one. Always takes awhile to come eat. He does this things where he tries to "sneak" up on the worm... but he ruins it because he always bumps into it. Hehe.

Your wild is making me want another baby axies (not a real baby)

Pitty Michael don't post to the U.K

Khris,

Yeah I guess those International regulations are pretty tough. :( Aren't there a lot of axies in the UK? It seems that there are a lot of people who post that are from there. They seem to be more popular over ther. ^_^ Lucky!
It took me quite awhile to find someone here... there aren't any axolotls in my area so I had to ship from nearly across the country! o_O

Sooo I think I have decided on the names!

I'm fairly sure that the names are going to be:

Apsu-- the Greek God of fresh water.

Loki-- a Norse God who is a trickster and shapeshifter.

For some reason I keep on coming back to these names and they just seem to fit. o_O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back