Too cold? Also shipping for the first time!

Norcinu

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Charlie
Ah dear, yet another thread. :rolleyes:

Well, I've moved all the eggs from the main tank into shallow containers. I keep them near an open window for the fresh air to come in except the water containing them has gotten quite cold. Their tank used to be in the 18-20oC range but now in their containers it's dropped to 16 degrees. Can it be too cold for axolotl eggs? I probably sound silly because axolotls thrive in cold temperatures but I just want to make sure it only slows down the development of eggs and doesn't hurt them in anyway.

Aaaand one more question. Someone asked me if I was able to ship them some eggs but I have no idea on how to go about this. Does anyone know a guide for shipping eggs or should I leave this to more experienced breeders?

Shipping information can be found here: Caudata Culture Articles - Shipping
Note that Ambystoma mexicanum is CITES listed and therefore requires certificates to trade/ship over international borders.

16C will be fine for your eggs.

Ah cheers for the article, I might avoid shipping actually. And thanks for your help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back