Question: What's the story behind your axolotls name?

Erzs

Reaction score
Country
England
Where did you get the inspiration for your axolotls name/s? =]

I have Arbie who is named after the arbiter in Halo.

Jager who recently passed away was named by my boyfriend after the alcohol :rolleyes:.

And most recently Jonesy named after the cat in Alien, because she's a little fighter too! =]

What about you?

P.S Sorry if this has been posted, I couldn't find it!

Hi

Are you ready to laugh? I have 2 kids both boys and they are mad on Doctor who/Torchwood.

So how axies all have Dw/Torchwood names,

Even the cats are called, Torchwood and Tardis

Plus the puppy is called Face of Boe
(i have weird children)

Mine are named after starwars :D

Hi

Are you ready to laugh? I have 2 kids both boys and they are mad on Doctor who/Torchwood.

So how axies all have Dw/Torchwood names,

Even the cats are called, Torchwood and Tardis

Plus the puppy is called Face of Boe
(i have weird children)

Really Face of Boe? that must give the vet a giggle when she goes for her jabs :D

Face of Boe sure made me laugh!

But wait...Alien, Star wars and Dr Who/Torchwood? I'm seeing a theme here!

We have Finley (golden albino) my 3.5 year son Zak named him as its his, my leucistic is called Mojo (name popped in my head and liked it) and the wild one is called Jabba (yes star wars Jabba is my husbands/daughters axie)

Zak has thankfully got better with names, he named his paddletails Dragon & Diego & our fish are called Fishy, Wishy, Gerald & Igam Ogam (he was a lot younger then and some of those names are from Milkshake on C5) we also have 3 apple snails called Garry, Larry & Snelly (spongebob) and I take no responsibility for our dog Widget he was a rescue dog and already named :)

Finley was just a random name I picked. Florence is for Florence and the Machine. Freddie is because the other two had F names lol.

Dogga......I'll not explain that one.

eeny, meeny and miney mo are the poorly ones. I thought if i named them they might pull through! :(

I wont let my son name any of them, I'm mean like that. I dont want Ben 10 names for axolotls!!! haha

Mel

I named my Axolotl Adeline for a few reasons.

The main reason is that I just wanted my axie to have a pretty girl's name beginning with A. So Adeline was a very strong candidate from the beginning. What sealed the deal is there is a song by a guy called Elliott Smith called "Sweet Adeline," which is one of my favourite songs. This pretty much confirmed it for me!

I wont let my son name any of them, I'm mean like that. I dont want Ben 10 names for axolotls!!! haha

Mel

I reckon Ben 10 names would be awesome! Heatblast, Diamondhead, XLR8...

[/modern day peter pan]

I reckon Ben 10 names would be awesome! Heatblast, Diamondhead, XLR8...

[/modern day peter pan]

If he were imaginative enough it probably would be cool. But I cant cope with calling them Ben 10, Gwen and Kevin Levin for the next 10 years or so lol

Mel

If he were imaginative enough it probably would be cool. But I cant cope with calling them Ben 10, Gwen and Kevin Levin for the next 10 years or so lol

Mel

Haha, you should tell him to suggest alien names next time XD

Face of Boe still tickles me.

My godson really want a black axies so he can call it Dalek, (that colour is so rare)

Gomez is named after Carlos Gomez who is just a bloke who is on the same apprentiship programme as me I just thought that it might be a good mexican themed name for my mexican monster (although the human gomez is spanish haha)! He looks like a Gomez too! My future plans are to get a luestic (need to find one 8in + and male if anyone has any ideas?) and im toying with the name Mephisto (after Alphonse Mephisto the eccentric scientist from southpark) I also like the name Squidge Face for an axie hehe!

Hi guys,
I have Goldie, for obvious reasons, Chaddy, because we bought her at Chadstone Shopping Centre and Grenade because he is smoking hot!! The latter two are the proud parents of 100 eggs 3 days ago. Anyone want to help me name them too?! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC_2606.jpg
    DSC_2606.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Mel - u meany LOL, I love Zak naming our pets always makes me laugh!!! Have had to sway him a few times as he comes up with random things or stupid names lol he wanted to name his newt Holly but I said it was a boy so he said ok lets call it boy, honestly :) Go on I dare you let him name one xx

My two favourite things.

Moomin and Nana - (not nan, it's a candy)
I called my lec moomin, because it's quite pale also, but nana doesn't fit nana at all x)

My leucistic is called Piccolo after a character in the cartoon "Dragon Ball Z", because they can both regenerate body parts. My little GFP axie is called Mowgli, after the little boy in the Jungle Book, because they were both naughty and because they were both curious.

If I kept two wild-types they would have to be called 'Oscar' and 'Barnaby' ;)

Oscar Wilde being the inspiration for the former name, and Barnaby Wilde being the Steppenwolf song that featured in the film 'Easyrider' :lol:

PS. The name 'Barnaby Wilde' is copyrighted to Ken's-future-axies Ltd.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back