Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Paddletail keeper

Ella Rose

Reaction score
Hey :) my name's not quite a mystery but i'm Ella and i'm currently studying at the University of Glasgow in Scotland. I'll try to avoid cliché 'about me' stuff, totally aware this isn't my application for eharmony, but i've been almost innately interested in the natural world and its wide variety of animals since i was little, just up to this point never really had the confidence in myself to be able to provide sufficiently equal living conditions for them as in the wild.
However, I just recently bought a male Pachytriton labiatus (formally labeled by the retailer as simply a 'fire-bellied newt') because i litterally couldnt resist the look of him and his quirkyness! His name is currently 'Potato' (it's a work in progress),and he seems to be settling into the setup I've got, but as he is somewhat of a rescue effort,given his slightly worse for wear condition, i reckon i'll really benefit from the help and knowledge on these forums!

Thanks
Ella

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Ella :)
There is quite a lot information about this species (at least about housing xDD), so i´m sure you´ll find all the info you need. Any doubt you are left with, just ask away!
Oh, and make sure to give that fella excellent care, it´s got a lot of stress to recover from.

We expect pics soon, by the way :p

Ella Rose

Reaction score
Merci :) with regards to the stress I'm hoping he'll relax a bit more soon, but he seems a lot calmer and even more inquisitive than he was in the shop tank. Don't worry, no less than 100% effort for him :)

In the mean time i'll have to refine my paparazzi skills.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!