Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from Snohomish County Washington

Biker Paul

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Paul, and I've been into general Herpetology since I was a little kid. I grew up catching bull frogs, Pacific Chorus Tree Frogs, Rough Skin Newts, and Pacific Giant Salamanders, and I always had my nose in a herp book . I currently have a Chinese Fire Belly Newt, and a baby Red Ear Slider Turtle. I plan to get another fire belly to keep the one I have company.

I'm also into mountain biking, motorcycles, martial arts, fishing, hunting, Real Time Strategy video games, and kicking back with some good old fashioned heavy metal.

I hope to be posting, and reading of old posts now that I discovered a site devoted to newts and salamanders.

Until then, take it easy :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1