Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Extra toe

Underachiever

Reaction score
When I got my axolotl godric a couple of months ago he had 2 toes bitten off an a lump out of his tail. Fortunately all bits have grown back an he now has a cute transparent end to his tail (he's a black axie). But the other day I noticed another White looking stump an thought oh no not again but then after a quick count an comparison wit my other axie he seems to be growin an extra toe on his front foot. Maybe he's got carried away sit the growin bits back :) just wondered if anyone else has had anything like this?

Erzs

Reaction score
Oh yes! I'm pretty certain one of my axolotls has two feet on the same leg, I can't describe it but it looks as though it grew twice and molded together, toes on top of toes! Another only has two toes on one of his feet! If only they could share! =p

sek

Reaction score
When axies injure themselves, stuff grows back wrong. My leucistic has a lot of toes and webbed back legs.

Underachiever

Reaction score
Hehe. I just found it odd cause all his injured bits grew back normal but he's just decided to grow an extra toe :)

vampybabe

Reaction score
ooooh Im glad Ive just seen this. Moomin has 4 toes on his left foot but on his right he`s got 5 growing. Hes not lost any toes up to just. Thought he was odd, seems not lol :)

Morrison

Reaction score
My axie has a toe with another toe on it. And he's getting lighter toe tips (it's a wildtype axie) and the extra toe also has a white tip ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1