Country
United States
Display Name
Lizzy
I dont have any babies but i was curious about this

i see people talking about feeding brine shrimp or frozen blood worms to babies

could you just use cyclop-eeze?
cyclop-eeze_frozenPopUp.jpg

its a tiny shrimp thats packed with vitamins. we have a saltwater tank with coral so we always have this stuff in the freezer

I was concerned about feeding mysis shrimp as they are often used as salt water fish food but research showed that they are freshwater shrimp. My concern was about the possibility of introducing Iodine to the tank if the cyclops are saltwater critters. Remember that Iodine is suspected in causing axies to complete their metamorphosis. I'd check that out first. Otherwise, if the axies are eating frozen food these would be as good a thing as any.

Cyclops are fresh-water. I have some.

They should be okay, but as stated previously it seems odd that they advertise them as salt water feed only. Definitely check it out first.

they advertise it for saltwater because its a TINY TINY food animal aimed at feeding coral

i cant think of any critter you find in abundance in a freshwater tank to need such tiny tiny food
you usually find many different coral in reef tanks and an easy to keep and feed food sells well when aimed at us reef keepers :p

if i get babies (ok well i guess WHEN i get babies...) i will do an experiment
i will have a few on the cyclopeeze and a few on other typical baby axie food and i'll let you all know how it goes

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back