What is this guy? he's like see thru

visa

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, so i just moved into an apartment in Louisiana right on the water. Two nights in a row I come across this little guy in my bathroom. I think he lives in my laundry room. Tonight i grabbed him for a pic then let him go and he ran off into the laundry room (built into my bathroom). I don't have a problem with him staying there seeing as how he prob eats the pests. I know the pic isnt very good. He almost looks transparent. Ive never come across a salamander/newt/gecko/whatever he is...like this one. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Attachments

• sala.jpg
    sala.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,568
Hmm, dunno really. But its feet look kind of like gecko feet, like a baby gecko or something. If I were you I'd probably try to find it again and raise it, I can't see it surviving in your laundry room on its own. That's just me though, I'm no expert.

It´s definitely a gecko, that´s for sure. I´d leave it alone. It will hunt moths and spiders that would otherwise pester you. I think it´s quite neat to have geckos roaming around the house xD (a few kilometres south and it would be happening to me)

Thanks for the feedback !
here's a pic from this morning. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put some bottled water in a tiny saucer on the ground for him in the laundry room. it seems so dry in there.

Attachments

• gecko.jpg
    gecko.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 649
I love the little mediterranean house geckos~
They're so cute and I probably scare them half to death since I insist on playing with them. :(

I've never done anything like give them water, and they're always running around somewhere. I think the biggest problem with them is if someone you live with is terrified of them there will be screams. I have a friend who will make me drive to her house to take them out of her shower. D:

The only thing stopping me from imprisoning them and trying to keep them as pets is that they would probably be sad. And then I'd be sad too. :(

So it is an Hemidactylus turcicus! I knew it looked familiar, but i figured it was just an uncanny ressemblance with a species from over there.

Last edited:
Visa, that is really a neat gecko. Have you figured out what it needs to have to stay alive in your home?

haha actually i've just been letting him do his thing. I figure with all the bugs in Louisiana, i don't really need to provide him with anything. Its so funny cause once its night time i always walk in the bathroom and he will just be running around on the floor.

He is so cute. Good luck with your new friend. I don't know why someone would scream if they found it in their shower or whatever. Bunch of sissy girls. LOL (I am female but not a sissy :p)

A tiny lizard like that probably gets all the water it needs from whatever droplets or condensation is available in your bathroom from the sink or shower.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back