Those legs have grown a LOT in the last 8 days

41 days
mereb-albums-fish-picture12717-fishs-legs-41-days.jpg

49 days
mereb-albums-fish-picture12799-fish-day-49.jpg

and a nice close up for you
mereb-albums-fish-picture12800-fish-day-49-back-legs.jpg

Last edited:
Fish is looking great...that's an interesting pattern forming on his/her head and back... Thanks for the update! :D

Are his eyes dark or albino? I can't tell

Aww there's our Fish :) He's becoming a 'real axie' already :D

His pattern is certainly interesting, I like it :happy: his parent's did well with this combo.

Birthdayboy ~ his eyes are dark so he's not albino (his mother is) and he has irradiphores (sp?) so in no way a melanoid (daddy is wild) They are kind of greenish in the right light and when he will sit still long enough for you to see them :rolleyes:

OK some better pics from today of his pattern. The dark sections are actually made up of the tiny dots that he had when he was tiny :eek: sooooo cute. With those LONG fingers I think he may play the piano ;)

This HAS to be my favorite pic so far of this little guy!
mereb-albums-fish-picture12825-fish-such-pretty-little-thing-pattern-1-16-10-10.jpg

His head (same pic just cropped so it's closer)

His back, again same pic cropped
mereb-albums-fish-picture12827-fish-such-pretty-little-thing-pattern-3-body-16-10-10.jpg

I can't see any spots on his legs yet but they are still pretty small.

I'm adding all these plus all those that came before to my blog... well it's Fish's blog really I just write it for him ;)

aww...fish is growing up sooo fast. thanks for the pictures.
by the way i love the pattern as well.
lea

aww...fish is growing up sooo fast. thanks for the pictures.
by the way i love the pattern as well.
lea
Thanks Lea and everyone
He's getting so big now :lol: I saw him walking around the bottom of his home tonight so stinking cute.

Day 59 Now

Fish has grown quite a bit in the last 10 days.
He's been adding about 1mm/day since he was a little over 2 weeks old but he has abandoned that to have grown a whopping 15mm in 10 days (Average of 1.5mm a day but I don't measure him every day just when I take the pics each week-ish)
He's been eating mostly black worm this week so maybe that has something to do with the spurt?

As always a pic.
I don't think much has changed apart from his size which of course makes him easier to see and he's become very camera shy :rolleyes: getting him to sit still now is near on impossible.

Fish 59 days and the tiniest little bit over 63mm
mereb-albums-fish-picture12903-day-59-63mm.jpg

Ooh, the legs are real legs now :D
I love him

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back