Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Filter suggestions plz

harry7890

Reaction score
I have a 5ftx2ftx2ft tank i am going to do for my axolotls . can you recomend a good internal filter system that i can use . suggestions welcome :D

dragonlady

Reaction score
I'm with Eric on this. Even at opposite ends, I think you will be generating a lot of unnecessary heat. Is there a particular reason why you want an internal?

Personally, I'd go with a nice canister type. You can sometimes find a decent deal for one on eBay. I think this would prove much more efficient for you.

harry7890

Reaction score
I'm with Eric on this. Even at opposite ends, I think you will be generating a lot of unnecessary heat. Is there a particular reason why you want an internal?

Personally, I'd go with a nice canister type. You can sometimes find a decent deal for one on eBay. I think this would prove much more efficient for you.

i am going for internal as i dont have a lot of room outside the tank for a huge canister :) but i suppose any filter will do aslong as it does the job, can you make your own using a powerhead ?

ted22

Reaction score
You will find that internal filters are only really effective on tanks under bout 180lts or so, external is the only way to go with a tank that size (im very jealous by the way!) Ive been reccommend making a sump filter for a large tank, apparantly its very easy and cheap and very effective so might be worth lookin into building one (although it will take up valuable space!)!

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!