G'day from Sydney!

Minniechild

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Caitie
Hey Everybody!
I recently acquired 3 gorgeous brown axolotls, and am trying to keep them happy and healthy (atm, i think they've been eating too much from what I've read, so DIET!!), and in the three weeks I've had them, they've each put on 2cm from their original 7cm (give or take a bit).
Apart from George (Of the tank jungle), Freddie (Mercury), and #3 ( After my fave number :D), I'm a musician, teacher-in-training- (Btw, any thoughts on teaching young kids about axolotls?),and voracious reader.
Looking forward to a long time talking!

Hi welcome! this site is awesome im new also and have learnt so much! i like the names i am yet to name mine i have one browny/black and a gold

Hey,

You could certainly show them the axolotl song (you can find it on youtube) I figured that would suit well with being a music teacher, at least get them interested.

Almost ended up doing teaching (science though) myself before choosing to do a masters instead, but I still might change my mind in 6 months time.

Welcome Minnie. There are a few people on this forum from Sydney. I'm one.

Enjoy your axies. My axies are called Clown Town (formally known as Honk) and Swishy. Aren't names a funny thing. I should say the axies are officially my young boys as I wanted them to have some pets so they get to them (and rename them) and feed them when they want to.

Cheers
Dave

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back