Is he ready? :)

blashnet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Blashnet
right, i have a 9 week old baby axolotl (SO CUTE)
he has very big front legs and starting to grow back legs.
I have a tank set up for him ( about 10L ) that has been set up for 2 weeks
there is no gravel, i am using sand
and there is plenty of plants
the tank also has a rock ( for hiding) and a filter.
Is my little guy okay to go in?

Water parameters...the water's nitrate/nitrite and ammonia levels. To see if the water is suitable for the animal to live in.

If it has only been setup for 2 weeks, the tank has not cycled yet, especially without water changes. And 10L won't be suitable for very long.

i plan to buy a new tank in a few months,
how long does a tank usually take to cycle?

if the tank was cycled... would he be ok to go in?

Yes, and you can also cycle the tank with the animal in there, but you have to be VERY vigilant of the water conditions especially since it is such a small tank. What type filter does it have?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back