Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Erm .... my axie poo'd gravel

di4mondwhite

Reaction score
I rescued an axie about 5 days ago.

I've just found he has poo'd a piece of gravel. I haven;t had any gravel in the tank since i've had him, so it must be from before.

Will he be alright?

di4mondwhite

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me.

He's currently residing in the fridge. It wasn't particularly sharp but it was about twice the size of a pea. He hasn't really shown any signs of illness or stress, in fact up until the pooing incident he'd been a bit perkier. lol

Water peramiters all fine. (or however you spell it, ha) Nothing else to report really.

How long should I fridge him for?

di4mondwhite

Reaction score
Yep. He was eating and moving about, I AM very concerned about the sheer size of the poo'd gravel, tho.

Anyhoo, I've fridged him according to the guidelines, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

blackdog

Reaction score
Better out than in :)

Sounds like you have it under control. I've never had to fridge so i don't know enough about it to comment.

If he is eating and active then it seems you havent got too much to be concerned about. I wouldn't fridge him for too long, maybe one more poop worth?

di4mondwhite

Reaction score
Morning.

Well, he survuved what I think to be his very 1st fridging. I followed the guidelines and he pood TONS!!! haha He also passed a bit more gravel, so I hope he's done with that now.

Any way, I've re-indroduced him to his tank, and he's just bimbllng about having a look round. The new filter isn't freaking him out either, and considering what he came from he's taken it all very well, so I'm hoping we're on the road to a long and happy life together...... watch this space! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1