Water caecilians

Eugenia

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Display Name
E.R.
We are very lucky to get second litter of Typhlonectes natans this autumn. Last year 3 babies were born and this year we got 5 more. So we have a group of 12 amphibians by now.
And a month ago 4 babies T.compressicauda were successfully delivered from Germany to Moscow.
A group of adults have been also kept and successfully bred in Moscow Zoo for several years.
Hope we can keep these animals.

Beautiful creatures! Congratulations!
I very much hope to keep T.natans in the future (far away future i´m afraid), they are trully fascinating. Any shots of the newborns with the humongous gills still attached? They are one of the weirdest things i´ve seen xD
Congratulations again, it´s lovely to see caecilians being bred in captivity more and more.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back