Michigan State University Herp Night, "How to Train your Bearded Dragon"

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kaysie
This Wednesday is our huge semester event, "How To Train Your Bearded Dragon" [was 'Snakes on a Campus' the first year. Hopefully they keep coming out with herp-related movies so there continues to be cleverly worded titles!]. For those of you that are unfamiliar with it, it is an event that we [MSU Herp Club] put on every semester that allows us to invite the public to come learn some more about reptiles and amphibians. We will also be having 2 guest lecturers; Jim Harding and Chris Gertiser. This is a very quick and simple overview of what the event is. For more information please contact Emily Gertiser, gertise2@msu.edu. This event takes place in the Natural Sciences building, from 7-9pm. The location of the event is in room 140 and 139. The lectures will take place in room 326.

Kaysie says: If you're in the general Michigan State University area, I highly suggest going. It's FREE! It's FAMILY ORIENTED! It's always a blast, and you get to see some really cool critters, and talk to some really interesting people. Jim Harding is the unofficial herpetologist for the state of Michigan, and was mentored by Al Holman, world renowned paleoherpetologist.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back