Question: Mmmmmmm - worms!!!

di4mondwhite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I just got earthworms for my axie.

They're medium sized. Does one just throw one in the tank live or do I chop it up first?

I'm not sure on this one .... please advise.

Thanks

K x

well, depends on the size of the axie and the size of the worm

But usually you can hand feed them, just get the worm and put your hand in the tank close to the axie, or just hang it on the surface and they will come and get it (this may require some training though)

if they are red wrigglers they are smaller than nightcrawlers, if you see that the worm is too big for the axie chop it, but I think they will eat a worm that is half their length with no trouble, at least my beats do that, if it's too big they will throw it up again

wow. that was one QUICK DISAPPEARING worm .... haha

I put it in his tank near his head and before i could even take my hand out he'd eaten it!!!!

Obviously a tasty snack, haha x

Sometimes I throw them to my golden's head and she catches them like a dog does :p

they pretend to be slow animals but you have to see them hunt their prey !

REALLY? That's well cool!!

I've only had him 2 weeks, I was given him by a partially sighted lady who felt she could not look after him adequately. I was only too glad to take him when i saw his living conditions .... the poor little guy was livin gin black and green sludge .. ugh. She was feeding him bloodworm every day and just topping his water up straight from the tap. He was lethargic and stressy when i first got him. Now he'll even swim ... haha.

nice :)

he'll be a happy axie I'm sure!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back